Wednesday 11 November 2009

Books Of The Week...

I thought I'd bring something new to TBE, so I've decided to put a new post up every week with my recommended books for the weeks ahead. Maybe I'll start a book club on here too - If Jonathan Ross can get away with it on Twitter, then so can I!!

So, this week, my picks for Books Of The Week are:

1. New Moan [The Twishite Saga - A Twilight Parody] - Stephfordy Mayo
'I want to bite you, Heffa. I want to bite you very hard. I'll be gentle, I promise. If you really loved me, you'd let me.' Heffa Lump is just a typical, pale and interesting seventeen-year-old, who doubts that anyone will ever see her true beauty. But then she moves to Spatula and meets Teddy Kelledy, an impossibly gorgeous boy who eats rare meat, is super-strong and never goes out in sunlight. Could he, just maybe - be a vampire? (Hint: totally.) A tale of first love, painful longing and even more painful pointy teeth, "New Moan" is a hilarious parody of the phenomenon that is Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga.

[Book Details:]

Price: £5.99
Published: 22nd October 2009
Publisher: Michael O'Mara Books LTD
ISBN: 9781843174448


2. My Non-Fiction Pick is: Push - A novel by Sapphire
Precious is a 16-year-old who has never left Harlem. Her story is one of neglect and abuse and a fierce determination to acquire an education. Pregnant by her own father, she is forced to leave school. Her defences and her world unravel as she struggles to gain control of her own life. The book has been made into a film due for release this year and stars Mo'nique, Paula Patton, and Mariah Carey. See the Trailer below.

[Book Details]

Price: £6.39
Published: 5th February 1998
Publisher: Minerva
ISBN: 9780749395049