Thursday 30 July 2009

[4. the beautiful and the damned - continued]

*
Stacie Anderson, [Gramercy Park Hotel, Gramercy, New York City, NY]

i find myself in a world full of pain
locked, lonely and full of shame
words fail me, feelings shroud me
all alone with no-one to guide me
i want to sit here and write to you
but i don't know how to start
depths of despair continue to haunt my heart
i think of you always, even when i don't want to
and to be honest, i find myself a wreck without you
i have no choice but to walk away, and torn between holding you close and wanting you near each day
i go on alone, feelings of hope and happiness can no longer be found here
how long will it take for my heart to mend, to look back on this and play pretend
i'll find a way to escape, and i know later on, we'll smile and reminisce
about happy days and one special kiss,
and come to agree that despite everything, there's no more you, not without me.