Monday 27 September 2010

some of my favourite poetry....









I truly do believe that art can take form in absolutely anything. Words, Pictures, Living Spaces, anything. I sometimes find that when it comes to poetry, it can also be found in pictures. Mary Kate Olsen is on the front of Marie Claire this month, and I absolutely love her. Not so much for the acting career, [I did love both Mary Kate and Ashley in 'So Little Time'] but the fact that the camera does something to her, especially when it comes to putting together an outfit. And what you get is completely original, forward thinking, innovative, and ultimately, fashion with a capital F. Now if that isn't pure 'fashion' poetry at least, I'm not sure what is!
Whilst I am a fan of poetry [I love me some Blake, Ann Duffy, Armitage, Coleridge, and other such poets of the day who used to happily survive on liquid Opium [hardcore!] sometimes I like to take the Carrie Bradshaw route and do this:

Bookwise, I've started reading 'Forbidden' by Tabitha Suzuma. It's about a brother and sister who fall in love. YES, I know what you're thinking. 'That's Incestual! Why would you willingly choose to buy a book about incest?? Ewwwwww!" Yes, you would be right. But the good news is it was given to me by the lovely people at Random House who have assured me that it's quite a good book. And as a booklover, it's my job as a avid reader and writer to embrace books from across the board, NOT kindles. Anyway, I'll let you know if it's any good. But Ms Suzuma hits the nail completely on the spot when she acknowledges:
"I wish I could say writing this book was easy. It wasn't. In fact, it was possibly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life." Props! Now let's hope I can do the same....
With that last thought for you, I'm outie. :-) xoxo