Thursday 16 September 2010

BA Update!


Just thought I would give you a QUICK update with everything that's happening with Beautiful Awakenings!
The process of actually writing BA is on a hiatus for now, but that's not to say it's ever far from my mind.... in fact quite the contrary! I think of my book like a fashion designer thinks about their new collection.... before the sketches comes the inspiration, which can be inspired by street style, influences, culture, as well as moodboards! It's exactly the same with writing... but I feel it's a longer and more organic process. I'm always being inspired to pick up my pen to find inspiration... I've actually stopped carrying around my notebook in my bag but I'll start that asap! It's such a good accessory to have as part of your day to day, to jot down inspiration, thoughts, feelings, and prose about what you see, what you do, the people you meet, or the scenery and atmosphere you decide to take in.
I've got some fantastic ideas in store, so can't wait for that, and I'm also planning on joining the Society for Young Publishers, as I feel this is a brilliant website for what I'm trying to do and where I see myself.
When it's finally ready, or a new chapter arrives, you'll be the first to know!! In the meantime, and to ensure my writing style doesn't dry up completely, I do find myself writing the occasional pieces of random prose [usually prologues and starts to stories] which I'll post here. If you're interested in any of them, or are intrigued to find out what happens next, please don't hesitate to drop me a line, comment, twitter me ... anything! and I'll see if I can come up with what happens next to provide you with a good or at least, amusing read.
Thanks for reading.
P&L....... C x