Wednesday 12 August 2009

delicious dinner parties....


Hey!
One of the things that I would love to do would be to hold a dinner party for all my friends, especially as its summer! Its definetely on my to do list, as its a bit more grown up than a night in with popcorn and DVDs, which is what i've been doing on many an occasion!
I've recently started to get into baking cookies, which has become a favourite past time of mine at the moment! I can also make a pretty good chicken risotto but now that I've started buying cookbooks, I've made up my mind to try and use them more!
One of my favourite ingredients in the world is chocolate, so I figure I'd find a way to incorporate some green and black's dark chocolate into the party somehow, maybe with a flourless chocolate cake! As well as this, stir-frys are really quick and easy to make, especially when using something easy and no fuss like tofu, which is like a protein sponge that you can just crumble or mix into anything! Tomato and Basil pasta is also really easy, as well as soups, which you can just make in a blender....
Missoni do lots of little ceramic plates and china cups that are cute, almost doll like, and although they can be a tad pricey, see them as an investment as you can continue to use them to make memories with friends and family again and again. As well as this, Wedgwood, Muji and the Egg Boutique in Kinnerton Street also do really cute linens, dinnerware, tableware, and ceramics! For candles, head to Diptyque who do the best scented candles - also tea lights from somewhere cheap like your local supermarket will also do the trick! For flowers, the best to go with are tulips, pink carnations, tiger lillies, chinese peonies, hydrangeas, and dahlias, but if you really want to push the boat out, add roses too!
hopefully a dinner party with lots of [bottles of] lovely Rose wine will turn into a reality soon, but if you're thinking of something to do which is relatively cheap which will impress your friends, show your creative streak and be delectably different, you should try this!
Let me know if you do - would love to hear all about it!
My ideal dinner party would look something like the above....
Cle xo